Friday, December 23, 2011

{Christmas Traditions - Christmas Memories}

{Christmas Traditions - Christmas Memories}
 Homemade cookies, compliments of Grandma have always been fond Christmas memories for me as well as my kids. In the past few years my grandmas has suffered several mini strokes, and one of the things she is not able to do anymore is her baking. This year we decided to give her special recipe a whirl for ourselves and keep the tradition going. We had fun making them and creating our own family memories. When the first batch got done we quickly frosted one up and with 1 bite I heard the words… “I remember these” from my kids. Like how could you forget that taste, they are simply the best. When making these cookies, which was a 2 day process, I gained a new appreciation for my grandma, I cannot believe she made the amount of cookies she did every year for her family. What fun memories this recipe has given me and my children these past few days We love you Grandma!

Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas, full of beautiful memories

No comments: